blog entry 3


Reflective Writing 3
I’ve almost reached my goals but it has been a great struggle for me this semester, as so many things are happening during this period, with the Covid-19 social restrictions, people losing their jobs, businesses closing, and some people suffering with mental stress when families members or friends are impacted by this virus. This virus has impacted the Australia economy as well as other economies around the world limiting our capabilities. It has been very difficult to get through these times however regularly dealing with multiple crises has allowed me to gain more experiences.
As my research project is based on my own grocery business, I have found that I am having both advantages and disadvantages. One advantage is being able to reflect in depth how the business is going and measure the achievements more effectively, with the disadvantage of having huge management load for the business here and in Thailand. I discovered that it is too difficult to put forward every individual thing that needed to be included in my developing business model as well as Working full time whilst studying.
Initially I was struggling to develop my business model, I thought only a big and multi-million dollar company needed a frame work or a guide to run the business. However, the more I explored in depth on my own daily business management activities I then started to realise that it is fundamental to have a business model that will guide the business or be used as a tool in daily management routines.
I had identified that developing a business model will not only benefit the local refugee community instead as a development practitioner I can also utilize it in my future development field like social-economic empowerment and identify a cause of social- political dimension that impacts our daily lives.
Conducting my research project during the pandemic period, it is really stressful but the advantage I have discovered through this crisis allowed me to critically reflect on my development carrier by having some experiences and strategy on handling upcoming future crisis situations.
The most difficult aspect whilst developing this small business model is (time) as a business owner, student, and mother this is really challenging furthermore English being my third language, it is a difficult and time-consuming project.  
Another essential knowledge that I have gained in tern of the International development perspective is how to practically put forward my ideas and identify the underlining issues impacting our society in the social and political context.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog